Coco Sumner covers ASOS Magazine October Issue‏

ASOS Magazine – The Music Issue
Coco Sumner stars on the ASOS cover and inside
Music’s Most Stylish – While fashion will always be our first love, music isn’t far behind. To celebrate, we asked some of our favourite artists to style themselves and inspire our wardrobes. From cover girl Coco Sumner, to man of the moment, Tinie Tempah, music’s best dressed come out to play.

Coco Sumner
“She’s no chatterbox, but Sting’s daughter lets her electrifying stage performances do the talking for her…”
Photographer: Thomas Giddings
Editor: Francesca Babb
Art Director: Marina Ansell




 
On how she started her music career: “Music was always something I was going to get into, but I never wanted to be a singer. I thought singing was really naff, I thought singers in general were naff. I just wanted to be the person behind music – be in a band or play drums or write. There were always guitars hanging around the house growing up, and a piano, but I kept music very much to myself. I wanted it to be my little secret, it just felt more special that way. At first I wouldn’t let anyone hear me play, I supposed I was embarrassed. But I started writing and singing the songs to myself, then began to play them to friends. And that’s how it started.”

On her stage presence: “I feel very at home performing. I don’t know why, because it’s quite a weird place to feel your happiest. But I’m not shy, I just don’t say very much.”

On her lifestyle as a musician: “It’s physically exhausting as much as it’s emotionally exhausting. You need to take care of yourself, and I haven’t. But I’ve made a rule now, that if I have a day to spare I have to get out of London because I find it quite suffocating. If I have a couple of hours off, I could just sit and stare at a fly on a wall. Or I make lists. A ‘To Do’ list, or a list of what I want to be when I grow up.”
On her greatest passion: “I think food is probably my next favourite thing in the world. I make a really good roast chicken, it’s all about the timing and the lemon up the bottom. And pasta with loads of salt and olive oil in the water and a good pomodoro sauce.”


On her goals: “My aim is to write film scores. If someone gives me the chance or trusts me with a film. And I wanted to be a criminal lawyer, but that never happened, although I’m still interested in campaigning for human rights, helping people that don’t really have a voice to stand up for themselves. I’d like to feel that I’ve helped someone.”

Comments

Disclaimer

☝︎

Smile Blog does not claim ownership of any image/ content displayed. All articles are the personal opinions of The Smile Blog. Any external image/ content used will be credited accordingly. If you're the owner of the image/ content, and want it to be removed, we will gladly do so or have not credited you properly. Contact us

FTC: Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click links and make purchases via affiliate programs we are apart of.

This site uses COOKIES to deliver its services. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. Learn more



Reader's Favourites